Thursday, 13 November 2014

Hibernation Time

We took Spray back to her home port this week to tuck her in for a long winter’s nap.  The cruise reminded us of why we don’t sail after October: squalls-a-go-go and waking up in a cold, wet boat with condensation raindrops dripping on our foreheads. 




Spray is waiting for the travel-lift to be repaired and then will be lifted out until… someone buys her !  We don’t hold out much hope for a winter sale, so we will start winterizing her next week (motor care, sails off, etc.).  In the meantime, I now have a garage full of boat stuff waiting to be sorted, washed, dried, and put away.  While I’m going to miss being on my boat over the next few months, it will feel good to take a break and see another side of life for awhile.  And looking at the degrading weather patterns, I don’t think I’ll be missing much great sailing anytime soon.


2 comments:

The Cynical Sailor said...

I hope she sells quickly for you guys! Enjoy your time on land - before you know it, it will be sailing season again! Cheers - Ellen

MH said...

Thanks, Ellen! I've been enjoying your whacky land adventures, so I'm eager to get out there myself !